Dental Implants in Los Angeles and Whittier CA
Dental implants are among the greatest developments in modern dentistry. They provide a permanent replacement for one or more teeth, restoring functionality and aesthetics. Historically, dentures were the standard solution, but they tend to be uncomfortable and ill-fitting. Dental implants serve as artificial roots for customized restorations.
The importance of replacing missing teeth
When you lose a tooth, you are losing far more than a piece of enamel and dentin. You may lose your ability to eat certain foods, pronounce some sounds clearly, and feel confident when smiling. Less noticeable but equally devastating are the effects on your oral health, including bone loss and shifting of adjacent teeth.
The procedure for implant supported restorations is performed in stages:
- Naturally, the first step is extractions, if needed.
- The implant placement is strategically planed, making the surgery efficient and minimal.
- Implants are inserted into the bone through a small incision in the gum tissue.
- A temporary restoration is added, so you can continue smiling and eating normally during healing.
- It takes a few months for bone to heal and integrate with the implant. Once that happens, the implant is stable and ready for the permanent restoration. The final step is removing the temporary and attaching your new crown, bridge, or denture to the implants
If you have a gap in your smile, or you are wearing a cumbersome denture, call us and schedule an implant consultation. During your visit, Dr. Nico will tell you if you are a good candidate for implants, discuss your options and help you choose the best solution for your unique situation. We offer titanium and metal-free zirconia implants, both of which are long lasting and highly biocompatible.