in Los Angeles and Whittier CA
Do you want to change a few little things about your teeth? Would you rather make dramatic changes with a full smile makeover? In either case, or anything in between, porcelain veneers may be your best option.
What are veneers?
A dental veneer is a very thin layer of cosmetic material applied to the front surface of a tooth. The most durable and natural looking material is porcelain, which is Dr. Nico’s choice. It is naturally similar to tooth enamel in color, transparency, and luminescence. These properties are adjusted to precisely replicate the appearance of your teeth.
Veneers can correct:
- Misshapen teeth
- Asymmetrical smile
- Stains that resist bleaching
- Gaps between teeth or crooked appearance
- Minor chips and fractures
How veneers are made
Veneers are one of the most conservative restorations available. Because they are so thin, minimal tooth preparation is needed.
- In most cases, tooth enamel is reduced less than a millimeter to accommodate the thickness of a veneer.
- After teeth are prepared, Dr. Nico will create an impression, which the dental laboratory will use to create customized veneers.
- Temporaries can be placed on the teeth to keep your smile beautiful while you wait for the permanent restorations.
- When your new porcelain veneers are ready, we will schedule a follow up appointment for placement. Dr. Nico uses a tooth colored resin bonding agent, which enhances the aesthetic of veneers.
Cosmetic dentistry is an art and a science, requiring extensive skill and attention to detail. Dr. Nico takes pride in designing artisan quality veneers and other cosmetic restorations. His goal is to craft a smile that makes people say “Wow,” but never makes them think you’ve had work done.